Day 1: ARRIVE ISTANBUL
Arrive in Istanbul and transfer to your hotel.
Overnight stay in Istanbul.
Day 2: BYZANTINE AND OTTOMAN RELICS TOUR
Today will be very impressive with specific history scenery and culture. Ancient Istanbul tour starts from the Sultan Ahmet , the heart of the “ancient city” from where the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires were ruled Hagia Sophia, Symbol of Christian history one of the extraordinary examples of architecture, built as a basilica in the 6th century by Emperor Justinian, Blue Mosquefacing Hagia Sophia, famous with its blue Iznik tiles and unique with 6 minarets, dedicated to the Sultan Ahmet. Hippodromewas the center of sportive events (chariot races, athletics) and political activities of the old city. Obelisk of Theodosius,Serpentine Column, German Fountain of Wilhelm II are the monuments decorating Hippodrome. Grand Covered Bazaar is a massive shopping center and largest “souk” in the world with nearly 4000 shops selling antiques, jewelery, gold, souvenirs.Topkapi Palace was imperial residence of Ottoman Sultans exhibiting Chinese porcelain, weapons, calligraphy. Overnight stay in Istanbul.
Day 3: ISTANBUL- CAPPADOCIA / Northern Cappadocia Tour
Early morning transfer to Ataturk airport for you flight to Kayseri or Nevsehir airport. Arrival and meeting at the airport arrival gate, you will meet with your guide on the airport and transfer to Cappadocia to start tour. An impressive day will start with Dervent valley. Then we keep going on with Pasabag’s “fairy chimneys” where you can feel the mystic of Fairy Chimneys. We will break at Avanos center of terracotta art. Ceramic dated back to the 3000 BC in the area and survived from to generations. After lunch, we visit the famous Goreme Open Air Museum to see the best examples of Icons in Cappadocia. Soft rocks of Cappadocia from the clefts carved out to form stables, churches, monasteries. We will enjoy the day by taking a look to the Goreme Valley from Uchisar Rock-Castle. Optional Turkish Night (In the evening join for the Traditional Turkish night to see folk and belly dancer in the cave restaurant).Overnight stay in Cappadocia.
Day 4: CAPPADOCIA / Southern Cappadocia Tour-
(Optional Hot Air Balloon (04:45- 08:30 AM) Early in the morning 04:45 AM join Hot air Balloon. After the balloon tour, you will be transferred to your hotel for the next tour.) Today will be another mystical day, we will start with a visit and walk in the Red valley and discover rock-cut churches and hike 5 km through the Valley of Gulludere. Then keep going on with a visit to Cavusin village. Ancient Cavusin was already abandoned several decades ago. Lunch will be selection of Turkish Cuisine. In the afternoon drive to the Pigeon Valley for panoramic view, Underground City dated back to the Hittites then used by the early Christians. Under Ground city specially carved to be used during the war time to save their lives as well as early Christians hide themselves from the Roman pressure, you can still see stables, kitchen, living room, bedroom and more…On the way back visit the natural castles at Ortahisar. Overnight in Cappadocia. (B L)
Day 5: CAPPADOCIA- IZMIR/
Kusadasi After breakfast free time until your flight. Transfer to Kayseri or Nevsehir airport for your flight to Izmir (via Istanbul). Upon arrival meet with your driver and transfer to Kusadasi for overnight.
Day 6: EPHESUS
After breakfast meet with your guide at the reception and drive to Seljuk. We will be starting with a visit to the Isa Bey Mosque from 14th Century, proceed to Ephesus Ancient City which dated back to the third millennium B.C the remains of this important city are standing miraculously today, vivid witnesses of a glorious past. Among the well preserved ruins the theatre, Celsius Library, Agora, Odeon, Domitian’s Temple, Trajan Fountain, Roman Latrine are the most remarkable. Lunch will be in Seljuk town. In the afternoon visit House of Mother Mary which is situated on top of the mount of the Nightingale. House of Mother Mary is spiritual place also believed that where she spent recent years of her life. Then visit Temple of Artemis. It was one of the seven ancient Wonders of the World. Hotel in Kusadasi for overnight stay in.
Day 7: KUSADASI- ISTANBUL
After breakfast transfer to Izmir airport for your flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival meet with your driver and transfer to hotel in Istanbul.
Day 8: DEPARTURE
Transfer to Istanbul Ataturk airport.End of our services
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Air conditioned vehicle
- 4 Stars Hotels or Special Class Hotels
- English speaking professional guide
- Entrance fees
- (B) Breakfast , Lunches (L), during the tour
- Arrival and Departure Transfers
- Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Travel insurance
- Domestic Flight
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• Vegetarian lunch option available upon request
• You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fees to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. as Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.
• The hot air balloon ride operates in optimum weather conditions. The decision for the flight to take off on any given day is decided by the local government at the last minute depending on weather conditions to ensure passenger safety. If your paid and scheduled hot air balloon ride gets cancelled by the tour company at the last minute for weather conditions, we will provide you with a refund of USD 219.00 for the hot air balloon ride if you have it booked with us.
• The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 8:00 – 9:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 11:30 pm onwards, to avoid missing your flight.
WHEN TO BOOK?
• Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
• You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.