Istanbul At the terminal keep your eyes open for the Travel Talk sign, as we pick you up from the airport and take you to our Istanbul hotel. Gather round in the hotel lobby at 6:00pm as we meet both the other tour members and the guide. Listen up for a fast and informal meeting with the leader including registration and a short brief about the adventures ahead and some country info.
Istanbul City Tour After breakfast we begin to experience the magnificence of Istanbul. We stroll through the old town visiting Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, majestic Topkapi Palace and the Hagia Sophia Museum. INCLUDED ACTIVITIES Istanbul Guided City Tour OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES Bosphorus Cruise
Gallipoli Today we depart Istanbul for the shores of Gallipoli. We visit all the important memorial sites in the region including Anzac Cove, Chunuk Bair and Lone Pine. INCLUDED ACTIVITIES Gallipoli Sightseeing MEALS Breakfast, Dinner
Troy, Pergamum, Kusadasi After breakfast we head to the ancient city of Troy, the setting of Homer's epic, Iliad, involving a giant wooden horse. We then continue to Pergamum and the remains of the Asklepion. In the evening we arrive in Kusadasi. INCLUDED ACTIVITIES Troy Sightseeing, Pergamum/Asklepion Sightseeing MEALS Breakfast, Dinner
Ephesus, Pamukkale The best preserved ancient town in Turkey, Ephesus, will be our first stop. In the afternoon we depart for Pamukkale and visit the ancient city of Hierapolis, which was the cure centre founded in around 160 BC by the king of Pergamum. Our day continues as we take in the unusual and beautiful landscape of the “Cotton Castle”. INCLUDED ACTIVITIES Ephesus & Pamukkale Sightseeing MEALS Breakfast, Dinner
Pamukkale, Cappadocia Today we depart for Cappadocia where we visit the world famous Underground City. A region of exceptional natural and man-made wonders, characterized by fairy chimneys and unique historical and cultural heritage. Overnight stay in Cappadocia. INCLUDED ACTIVITIES Derinkuyu Underground City, Ihlara Valley Sightseeing OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES Turkish Bath MEALS Breakfast, Dinner
Cappadocia After breakfast we begin exploring all the important sights in Cappadocia including the Goreme Open Air Museum, Cavusin, Uchisar, Pigeon Valley. We will end the day with a visit to local handicraft manufacturers and learn about traditional art. INCLUDED ACTIVITIES Goreme Open Air Museum, Cavusin, Uchisar, Pigeon Valley Sightseeing OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES Hot Air Ballooning, Turkish Night MEALS Breakfast, Dinner
Cappadocia, Ihlara, Istanbul This morning we visit the dramatically beautiful Ihlara Valley before departing for Istanbul where we arrive late in the evening.
Istanbul Our trip will end after we say goodbye to our new friends over breakfast, bid you safe travels, and check-out of the hotel (11:00am).
- ACCOMMODATION Special class and 4 star hotels
- MEALS 8 breakfasts | 5 dinners
- TRANSPORTATION Air-conditioned non-smoking coach or mini-bus
- AIRPORT TRANSFER From Istanbul Ataturk and Sabiha Gokcen Airports (on day 1)
- GUIDE Services of experienced Travel Talk local guides licenced by the Ministry of Tourism
- International Flights Any international flights to/from Istanbul are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date. Travel Insurance Travel insurance is not included in this Essential Turkey tour.
- GOOD TO KNOW PAYMENT A deposit of %30 is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged when you arrive Turkey.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE The Essential Turkey tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation.
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• The hot air balloon ride operates in optimum weather conditions. The decision for the flight to take off on any given day is decided by the local government at the last minute depending on weather conditions to ensure passenger safety. If your paid and scheduled hot air balloon ride gets cancelled by the tour company at the last minute for weather conditions, we will provide you with a refund of USD 219.00 for the hot air balloon ride if you have it booked with us.
WHEN TO BOOK?
• Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
• You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.